To be accepted into the combined BSMS degree in the College, you must meet all university and program admission requirements. Each department evaluates candidates for admission to their programs.
The minimum requirements for admission into the combined Bachelor of Science / Master of Science programs are:
- Completed Graduate Application and fee ($30). Apply Now
- Completion of at least 90 credits towards the bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, with a grade point average of 3.3 or higher
- A combined GRE score of 1,000 (verbal ≥ 350, and quantitative ≥ 650)
Send your application and related documents to:
Florida International University
College of Engineering and Computing
10555 West Flagler Street, EC 2430
Attn: Graduate Admissions, Dean’s Office
Miami, FL 33174-1630, USA
You’ll be informed of the final admission decision when the Graduate School and the Faculty Committee of the academic department have reviewed your file.
As a prerequisite to registration, Florida International University requires all students born after December 31, 1956 to present documented proof of immunity to measles (Rubeola) and German measles (Rubella).
In addition to meeting all the admission requirements of FIU and the academic program, international students must obtain a student visa to attend classes in the United States.
Apply early! Submit your application and supporting documents by the Priority Consideration deadline dates.
To claim in-state tuition, you must provide copies of two of the following documents showing Florida residency for at least the last 12 months prior to the beginning of the semester:
- Florida voter registration information
- Florida driver’s license or state ID
- Florida vehicle registration information
You may also submit one of the documents above, accompanied by copies of at least two of the following documents:
- Lease, rental or mortgage contract
- Letter from utility company (Electric, telephone, cable, etc.)
- Employment letter with current W-2 or W-4
- Bank letter (indicating activity in account for 12 consecutive months)
- Professional License
- Current Florida Public School contract
- In-state tuition receipt from another Florida State School (last 12 months)
- Active Duty military orders
- Warranty Deed
- Declaration of Domicile
You may take classes as a non-degree seeking student while you apply for admission. Up to 12 credits (four classes) may be applied to your degree if you’re accepted into the program.