Advising is one of the most important services provided by our department. Departmental advisors offer guidance about Biomedical Engineering. This includes academic planning, degree requirements, course descriptions, course prerequisites, and elective selections. Advisors also help with administrative procedures such as registration, change of major, course equivalences and graduation. More importantly, your advisor will help you to graduate on time and without excess credits. Biomedical Engineering Advising Appointment Scheduling System
- Advising appointments are held each semester before the start of the registration period. Students are encouraged to take care of advising during the month of March and October in order to avoid long lines / wait times. Attendance is strongly recommended for all students. Appointments are available by calling the Office of Engineering Advising Front Desk at 305-348-0273 between 10am and 600pm.
- Transfer students must attend the Transfer Orientation at the time they become FIU students. Transfer students must meet with an advisor to confirm that the department’s transfer admission requirements have been met, to process any applicable transfer course equivalencies and to create an academic plan. For more information on Transfer Orientation please go to https://studentaffairs.fiu.edu/campus-services/orientation-and-family-programs/
- Declaration of major is encouraged as soon as possible for students to receive proper advising. Your advisor will assist you in completing the proper form as needed.
- Advising Holds are placed on students before the registration period starts to ensure communication between student and the advisor prior to class registration. The advising hold will be released once you have met with your advisor.
- Registration can be done directly using PantherSoft once your Advising Hold has been removed.
- Prospective transfer students are highly encouraged to see an advisor at least 2 semesters prior to transferring to FIU to ensure all admission requirements will be met. You can email any of the BME Advisors for additional information.