Norman-Weldon Scholarship – Summer Research Internship
The FIU Biomedical Engineering Department has established an award for undergraduate students to participate in faculty research during the summer. The awards are intended to support students with an interest in pursuing a career in research with plans to attend graduate studies in biomedical engineering. Students will be selected to conduct research in a faculty’s laboratory for 9 weeks at $10/hour over the summer (June 1st – July 31st). Students must apply with a BME faculty mentor.
This is a paid research internship.
Students will be selected to conduct research in a faculty’s laboratory 9 weeks at $10/hour over the summer (June 1st – July 31st). Up to $100 can be used on any online software or training related supplies.
Eligibility and Application Details
• You must be an undergraduate BME student with a minimum 3.0 GPA
• You must have a faculty mentor for your project
• You must submit a current version of your resume
• You must submit an unofficial transcript
• You must prepare a project proposal video presentation
For additional information or questions?
Email: Dr. Michael Christie at email@example.com
Applications will be judged and ranked according to the following criteria.
• Qualifications of the applicant
• Project relevance to the area of biomedical research, that can be done remotely.
• Significance and future potential for development of the research
• Originality and innovativeness of the proposed project
• Quality (spelling, grammar, language, etc.) and completeness of the application
• Availability of adequate resources to complete the project
• Winners will be notified on 5/27/2020 via email
ALL AWARD RECIPIENTS ARE EXPECTED TO SUBMIT A FINAL REPORT ON THEIR PROJECT BY THE FIRST WEEK OF THE FOLLOWING FALL SEMESTER.