(305) 348-6954 Fax
Rutgers University, College of Engineering
Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering , 1999
M.S., Mechanics & Materials Science, 1992
BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1988
Biomechanics, Biomaterials, and Computational modeling of Diabetes, Sickle Cell Anemia, Hypertension and cardiovascular diseases for improved device designs and clinical intervention strategies
On-going Undergraduate Research Projects
- Computational Modeling of blood flow in diabetics and hypertensives and the implications on disease progression and treatment.
- Effects of Static Magnetic fields on the differentiation and proliferation of bone cells
- Ethical applications of biochemical compounds for national welfare and security.
- First Year Experience
- SLS 1501 First Year Experience (1). A review of basic skills and competencies necessary to college success including time management, study skills, and academic policies and procedures. Includes mandated information.
- Principles of Bioengineering
- BME 4007 Principles of Bioengineering (3). Medical instrumentation and design, regulations for medical devices, application of computers in medicine, biomaterials, biocommunications, artificial implants; clinical engineering. Prerequisite: Permission of the instructor.
- BME 4100 Biomaterials Science (3). Materials used in prosthesis for skin and soft tissue, vascular implant devices, bone repair, and artificial joints. Structure-property relationships for biological tissue. Prerequisite: EGM 3503. Corequisite: BME 3404.
- Orthopaedic Biomechanics
- BME 4211 Orthopedic Biomechanics (3). Introduction to the fundamentals of human musculoskeletal physiology and anatomy and computation of mechanical forces as it applies to orthopaedic biomechanics. Prerequisite: BME 4100.
- BME 4260 Engineering Hemodynamics (3). Fluid mechanics of the circulatory system, rheology of blood, lubrication mechanics. Prerequisites: BME 3632, BME 3404.
- Applied Biomedical Engineering Principles
- BME 5005 Applied Biomedical Engineering Principles (3). Biomedical engineering applications to instrumentation, transport phenomena, mechanics, materials and imaging. Prerequisite: Permission of the instructor.
- Intermediate Biomaterials Science
- BME 5105 Intermediate Biomaterials Science (3). Materials used in prosthesis for skin and soft tissue, vascular implant devices, bone repair, and artificial joints. Structure-property relationships for biological tissue. Prerequisite: Permission of the instructor.