Norman-Weldon Scholarship – Summer 2021 at FIU
The FIU Biomedical Engineering Department has established an award for undergraduate students to participate in faculty research during the summer. The awards are intended to support students with an interest in pursuing a career in research with plans to attend graduate studies in biomedical engineering. Students will be selected to conduct research in a faculty’s laboratory for 10 weeks at $10/hour over the summer (May 24 – July 31st). Students must apply with a BME faculty mentor.
This is a paid research internship.
Students will be selected to conduct research in a faculty’s laboratory for 10 weeks at $10/hour over the summer (May 24 – July 31st). Up to $100 can be used on any online software or training-related supplies.
Eligibility and Application Details
• Must be an undergraduate BME student/minimum 3.0 GPA
• Must have a faculty mentor for your project
• Must submit a current version of your resume
• Must submit a 3 page written project proposal
• Must submit an unofficial transcript
• Must prepare a project proposal presentation
• Must present your proposal (via Zoom) the week of May 3rd
Applications will be judged and ranked according to the following criteria.
• Qualifications of the applicant
• Project relevance to the area of biomedical research, that can be done remotely.
• Significance and future potential for development of the research
• Originality and innovativeness of the proposed project
• Quality (spelling, grammar, language, etc.) and completeness of the application
• Availability of adequate resources to complete the project
• Winners will be notified on 5/7/2021 via email
For additional information or questions contact Dr. Michael Christie at email@example.com
ALL AWARD RECIPIENTS ARE EXPECTED TO SUBMIT A FINAL REPORT ON THEIR PROJECT BY THE FIRST WEEK OF THE FOLLOWING FALL SEMESTER AND PRESENT THEIR PROJECT AT AN ALPHA ETA MU BETA (AEMB) MEETING BY NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 15.