Young-Jin Jung, PhD
Fax: (305) 348-6954
Phone (lab): (585) 775-7373
Lab web page
Keywords: Diffuse optical imaging, Functional neuroimaging, Brain computer interface, Multimodal neuroimaging, clinical applications of functional neuroimaging, Source localization & causality estimation.
Areas of interests:
- Diffuse optical imaging towards tissue imaging, especially in breast cancer & brain mapping
- Functional neuroimaging with MEG, EEG, fMRI, NIRS, and ECoG
- Clinical applications of functional neuroimaging, especially in epilepsy
- Brain signal analysis – Development of methods for source localization & causality estimation
- Multimodal neuroimaging integrating fMRI and EEG/MEG
- Brain computer interface – pattern classification and algorithm development
- Design and implementation of biomedical instruments (Portable NIR Handheld scanner system, multi-channel transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) system, 8-ch portable EEG system, sound recognition system)
Current Research interests (2012)
My current research interests are in diffuse optical imaging towards tissue imaging via portable optical devices and application of NIRS towards brain mapping and connectivity studies.
- Young-Jin Jung, Kyung Hwan Kim, and Chang-Hwan Im, “Mathematical Issues in the Inference of Causal Interactions among Multichannel Neural Signals,” J. Appl. Math., vol. 2012, No. 472036 (14 pages), 2012 (invited review paper)
- Young-Jin Jung and Chang-Hwan Im, “An Improved Technique to Consider Mismatches between fMRI and EEG/MEG Sources for fMRI Constrained EEG/MEG Source Imaging”, Biomed. Eng. Lett., vol. 1, pp. 32-41, 2011.
- Young-Jin Jung, Hoon-Chul Kang, Keom-Ok Choi, Joon Soo Lee, Dong-Seok Kim, Jae-Hyun Cho, Shin-Hye Kim, Chang-Hwan Im, and Heung Dong Kim, “Localization of ictal onset zones in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome using directional connectivity analysis of intracranial electroencephalography,” Seizure, vol. 20, pp. 449-457, 2011.
- 2. Jun Sic Kim, Chang Hwan Im, Young-Jin Jung, Eun Young Kim, Sang Kun Lee and Chun Kee Chung, “Localization and propagation analysis for ictal source rhythm by elctrocorticography,” NeuroImage, vol. 52, pp. 1279-1288, 2010.
- 1. Chang-Hwan Im, Young-Jin Jung, Seungduk Lee, DalkwonKoh, Do-Won Kim and Beop-Min Kim, “Estimation of Directional Coupling between Cortical Areas Using Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS),” Opt. Express, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 5730-5739, 2010.